Doctoral Consortium and Young Researchers Travel Awards
Young researchers and Ph.D. students are invited to apply for admission to the doctoral consortium to be held at the IEEE AIKE Conference, Cagliari, Italy, June 3-5, 2019.
The doctoral consortium provides an opportunity for Ph.D. students and other young researchers to discuss their research interests and career objectives with established researchers in AI and Knowledge Engineering, while networking with other participants. The doctoral consortium also provides a fellowship to support up to 15 young researchers to attend AIKE and spend 1 month visiting and collaborating with one of the following Italian research institutions:
- DMI, Università di Cagliari
- DIAG, Sapienza Università di Roma
- DII, Università di Brescia
- ICAR, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (Rende)
- DIBRIS, Università di Genova
- DI, Libera Università di Bolzano
- DIA, Università Roma Tre
The awards will be:
- $2500+ for European young researchers (researchers from Italy are not eligible)
- $3350+ for non-European young researchers
Young researchers that qualify for the grants will be provided 50% of the award at IEEE AIKE 2019 conference, and 50% at the end of the research period.
These awards may be incremented depending on agreements to avoid double taxation (it, en).
- Deadline for DC papers and award applications: April 25, 2019 (STRICT)
- Notification of acceptance: April 27, 2019
Applicants should submit (as a single pdf file) the following:
- a two-to-four page extended abstract that summarizes the research problem being investigated, the specific contributions made, and directions for the remaining work. In particular, please write about how the research you are trying to do is done today; what are its limits; what is new in your approach; why do you think it will be successful; if successful, what difference will it make; and the evaluations to check for success. The extended abstract has to be formatted using the IEEE format. Submissions are not double blind, which means the author name and affiliation should be included.
- a curriculum vitae (2 pages) with background (name, university), education (degree sought, year/status in degree, previous degrees), employment, and relevant experience in research (publications, presentations, conferences attended, awards, etc).
- Template: IEEE Conference latex template or Word template
- Submission: send an email with the extended abstract and your CV to the AIKE Doctoral Consortium co-chairs: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email must be: [IEEE AIKE 2019] Doctoral Consortium Submission.
- Submission deadline: April 25, 2019 (11:59pm UTC-12)
Please send all enquiries about the DC program to the AIKE Doctoral Consortium co-chairs, Mattia Atzeni, University of Cagliari, Italy and Muhao Chen, UCLA, USA
IEEE AIKE 2019 Conference website: http://www.ieee-aike.org/